virus/malware scanner for linux

Joseph-77
I know there are some command line virus/malware scanners for Linux?
It has been long time ago since I run any of them, that I forgot their names :-/
What are they?

Joseph

Re: virus/malware scanner for linux

wraeth-2

Re: virus/malware scanner for linux

Dale-46
Joseph wrote:
> I know there are some command line virus/malware scanners for Linux?
> It has been long time ago since I run any of them, that I forgot their
> names :-/
> What are they?

Here is one that I have used in the past.

http://www.f-prot.com/

It's no longer in the tree so not sure how difficult it would be to
install.

Dale

:-)  :-)

Re: virus/malware scanner for linux

Neil Bothwick
On Mon, 1 Dec 2014 22:24:32 -0700, Joseph wrote:

> I know there are some command line virus/malware scanners
> for Linux? It has been long time ago since I run any of them, that I
> forgot their names :-/ What are they?

Virus scanner: ClamAV
Malware scanner: rkhunter

--
Neil Bothwick

Software: (n.) That which hardware manufacturers can blame for physical
failures.

Re: virus/malware scanner for linux

James-2
Neil Bothwick <neil <at> digimed.co.uk> writes:

> Virus scanner: ClamAV
> Malware scanner: rkhunter

This thread motivated  me to read a bit.
What do folks think about net-analyzer/openvas ?

Any experinces are welcome.

curiously,
James

Re: virus/malware scanner for linux

Marc Stuermer
Am 02.12.2014 um 06:24 schrieb Joseph:

> I know there are some command line virus/malware scanners for Linux?
> It has been long time ago since I run any of them, that I forgot their
> names :-/

There's Maldet, "Linux Malware Detect."

https://www.rfxn.com/projects/linux-malware-detect/