what is CONFIG_SCSI_QLA2XXX?

maxim wexler
Hello everybody,

While looking at .config under SATA devices I found
the above set to 'y'. But I couldn't find it when
running make menuconfig. I tried to decipher the
<help> bits of the options already selected to see if
it's some sort of dependency that gets set
automatically if required by another but didn't catch
a clue.

-mw

Re: what is CONFIG_SCSI_QLA2XXX?

Alexander Skwar-11
maxim wexler schrieb:
> Hello everybody,
>
> While looking at .config under SATA devices I found
> the above set to 'y'.

(Always repeat your subject in the body. "The above"
isn't really helpfull...)

I suppose that QLA2XXX refers to what you can find
in the Linux source directory in drivers/scsi/qla2xxx
Reading drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/Kconfig I suppose that
it refers to the QLogic 2xxx host adapter family.

Alexander Skwar

Re: what is CONFIG_SCSI_QLA2XXX?

Neil Bothwick
On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 09:36:48 -0800 (PST), maxim wexler wrote:

> While looking at .config under SATA devices I found
> the above set to 'y'. But I couldn't find it when
> running make menuconfig.

Press / while in make menuconfig and type 'qla' to see the relevant
options.

--
Neil Bothwick

Press any key to continue... <click> Except that one..

Re: what is CONFIG_SCSI_QLA2XXX?

Peter Gordon-2
Neil Bothwick wrote:
> Press / while in make menuconfig and type 'qla' to see the relevant
> options.

/me writes that down.

Nice tip. Thanks, Niel. :-)

--Peter